Contact Information
158 Smith Street, Naracoorte, South Australia 5271
Business Information

The town of Naracoorte now stands on the land of Naracoorte Station, originally selected by George Ormerod in 1842. In 1845, Ormerod sold a portion of the property to William Macintosh, who established the settlement of Kincraig there. In the mid-1850s, George Ormerod sold the remainder of the run to William and John Macintosh. Thomas Magarey bought the lease of Naracoorte. Thus the two townships, Kincraig and Naracoorte, emerged side by side.

On 25 August 1870, the District Council of Naracoorte was proclaimed by the Governor Sir William Robinson, with the jurisdiction of the Hundred of Naracoorte.

Previous Work
Related Listings
Moira Shire Council
44 Station Street, Cobram, Victoria 3644
0358719222
Hindmarsh Shire Council
92 Nelson Street, Nhill, Victoria 3418
0353914444
Armidale Regional Council
135 Rusden Street, Armidale, New South Wales 2350
1300136833