Contact Information
54 Beach Road, Noarlunga Centre, South Australia 5168
Business Information

The council was gazetted on 2 June 1853, on the same day as East Torrens and Hindmarsh. Local government had only been introduced in South Australia in 1852, and only the City of Adelaide (1852) and District Council of Mitcham (12 May 1853) had been created earlier.

At the time of establishment the Onkaparinga council covered the eastern bulk of the Hundred of Onkaparinga (that is, excluding the western portion of the hundred which was proclaimed, on the same day, to be within the East Torrens council). The council area included the Onkaparinga Valley townships of Balhannah and Woodside at its centre, being roughly split north west from south east by the path of the upper Onkaparinga River.

Previous Work
Related Listings
City of Stirling
25 Cedric Street, Stirling, Western Australia 6021
0892058555
Shire of Narrogin
89 Earl Street, Narrogin, Western Australia 6312
98900900
Upper Hunter Shire Council
135 Liverpool Street, Scone, New South Wales 2337
0265401100